Revisiting mp3.com
Long, long ago in a galaxy far away, the "Ontario Emperor" presence on the web was primarily via mp3 files and CDs available via my website on mp3.com. Last year, mp3.com discontinued their free mp3 hosting service. In essence, this didn't really affect me - for various reasons, I haven't posted any mp3s on the web in several years - but in a way it did. 99.9% of all people who read this blog think of "Ontario Emperor" (borrowing from Bob Dole, I'm speaking of "Ontario Emperor" in the third person - yikes) as a textual being, not a synthetica musician.

Well, for whatever reason, I ended up visiting mp3.com today (it's run by cnet now) and was surprised to find that there was an Ontario Emperor page on this site. When I initially visited it, it was blank, so I added the following "review" of this all-important artist:


Ontario Emperor, a twentieth century synthetica artist, released several CDs on the old mp3.com in 1999 and 2000. See http://ontarioemperor.tripod.com/disco.html for a list of these CDs and the song titles. As of today (November 30, 2004), the only song from this period that is still available online is "Non Sequitur 15," which can be found in mp3 form at the http://www.geocities.com/otco909/music.html URL.

During the 2004 calendar year, most of Ontario Emperor's online work can be found in his Ontario Empoblog, found at the http://oemperor.blogspot.com URL. However, he did post a few MIDI files to the http://ontarioemperor.tripod.com/music.html URL.



Having completed, that, I went ahead and explored the other things that the new mp3.com offers, including the posting of a partial sample of my CD/DVD collection, and the entry of several song and album reviews (including a re-posting of my Client album review).

I reserve the right to continue the Empoblog Aurothots from time to time - mp3.com requires 50+ word reviews, and the Aurothots are usually much shorter. However, you may want to peek at my mp3.com profile from time to time - or join yourself and contribute to the community. Good reviews are needed; let's face it, someone other than me needs to review Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog