Catching Up, Election and Otherwise
From Jimmy Akin:


Pro-Abort Victory in 2004 = 24 MILLION DEAD BABIES
READER INVITE: I STRONGLY encourage fellow pro-life bloggers to link to this item! I also strongly encourage folks to e-mail a link to friends and post a link to this piece on web boards....

[Previous] posts used numbers based on how many kids will be killed on average by electing a pro-abort president who will nominate pro-abort Supreme Court justices who will continue the abortion holocaust.

But all elections are not equal. Now I want to do the numbers on how many kids will get killed as a result of a pro-abort victory in this election.

With some help from Steve over at Southern Appeal, I did some number crunching and determined how many Supreme Court nominations the next president is likely to get. The answer is three or four....[Rehnquist, Stevens, O'Connor, and possibly Ginsburg]

Currently there are three votes on the Court to overturn Roe v. Wade: Rehnquist, Scalia, and Thomas. There need to be five votes to overturn and let the process of ending abortion in America to begin....

If a pro-life president is elected Tuesday then there is a good chance that the abortion holocaust can begin to be ended in the next four years by the removal of the chief legal impediment to ending it (i.e., Roe v. Wade)....

[I]f a pro-life president is elected Tuesday, Roe could be overturned around 2009. If a pro-abort president is elected Tuesday, Roe can be estimated to be overturned around 2025. That's a difference of sixteen years.

How many kids will die in those sixteen years? With 1.5 million kids being killed by abortion on average (including emerging forms of abortion that are usually hidden, like via in vitro fertilization, stem cell research, and cloning), that would be TWENTY FOUR MILLION KIDS KILLED....



Actually, Akin's math assumes that a pro-life president nominates justices to the Court that will actually be pro-life. Funny things happen to people once they get on the court - ask good Republican Earl Warren or Ford appointee John Paul Stevens. Incidentally, I fully expect a contrarian statistic on women dying in back alleys....

The Inland Empire Report blogged on Victoria Gardens:


Well, the wife and I made the rounds at the new Victoria Gardens Mall in Rancho Cucamonga and I must say I’m really impressed. Macy’s, Robinson’s May and JC Penny are the anchor stores. The 2 lane streets that run through the mall brings back fond memories of my childhood in South Carolina. Warm and personable. It reminds me of a Century City type mall but on a much larger scale. It feels so open. I can honestly say that Rancho Cucamonga is now “The Beverly Hills” of the Inland Empire. I have lived in Rancho since 1996 and I love it. The planners have done an excellent job and have raised the bar again and again.


Two words: BEVERLY HILLS? Gawrsh, I hope not....

And one more item I never got around to posting. Turns out David Dreier - whoops, I mean the NRCC because Dreier had nothing to do with it but can tell you why he supports it - anyway, turns out Dreier isn't the only one that wants to shut up disparaging comments. From the forced-out-of-retirement Inland Anti-Empire:


On September 13, I posted a critique of a story from The Valley News in which I took them apart for atrocious writing and editing.

Well, today (more than a month later) they're writing to Mike Byron -- local Democratic candidate for whom I was previously a volunteer -- whining at him that I was I mean to them. And they're deeply offended. And they want Byron to force me to take down the Inland Anti-Empire posting about this.

Here's the text of their letter. Note, by the way, the specific complaint they mention.

From: pmccormac@thevillagenews.com [mailto:pmccormac@thevillagenews.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 5:30 PM
To: DrMike@ByronForCongress.org
Subject: I'm deeply offended

Do you ever read what your webmaster writes in his blog? Perhaps you should and you would know that he is alienting Democrats who vote, has insulted a newspaper with more than 20,000 readers in the Temecula Valley and has crushed a new reporter with his hateful, hurtful remarks about a mistake she made.

The reporter accidently erred when she called Nicholson an incumbent....You should read the tirade about it his blog....

I ask you to ask Kynn to remove the tirade from his blog and the links to your home page.

Patty McCormac
Managing Editor, The Valley News....


Please note carefully the specific criticism which is highlighted above: The reporter accidently erred when she called Nicholson an incumbent.

Why is this important?

Easy. Because nowhere in the Inland Anti-Empire story did I refer to THAT particular error....

Please note that the original story, complete with this blatant error, is still up on the Web site. To the best of my knowledge, the Valley News has yet to publicly acknowledge their mistake and issue a correction.

But how are the editors spending their time? They're threatening politicians in order to get a post removed from the Inland Anti-Empire -- a post which does not even mention the most glaring error, and which is 100% in the criticism of the editing and writing, a point they cannot dispute.

I stand by my original post about the poorly written story, and this attempt to silence me only reinforces my opinion about the lack of professionalism at the Valley News. As I said in the original post, I am not complaining about partisanship, so it doesn't matter if they're Democrats -- what matters is that they produced a really crappily written and edited story, and that's exactly what my blog post said.

Shouldn't they spend more time fixing their own stories, and less time trying to edit/censor my blog?



Now I'm sure the Inland Anti-Empire is exaggerating. I'm certain that all articles have the highest standards. Let's take a look:


As fall approaches wonderful things occur out in nature and our gardens. One would think that a garden-gnome had whisked his broom and called for another dance of nature through the changing of her colors in autumn....

There is not formula to predict fall color for a given area of the country....

There is a large spectrum of trees that can give you some wonderful hits that autumn has arrived and winter is just down the road....

Don’t be so swift and rake up those colorful and wonderful leaves of Liquidambar as they carpet your lawn or entryway. Savior the moment and colors that lay before you as a true natural carpet of nature and the autumns season for her beauty.

“May the forests be with you” Stayed tuned.



Anti-Emperor, you're off base. As I read this wonderful words danced in my mind. There is not problem with this prose. The prose hits at the delightful fall colors, which we should all savior. Nevertheless, I'll stayed tuned to your blog, in case you reappear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog