A Year and a Day in the Life
Thursday, October 14, 2004 was the one year anniversary of this here blog thingie. Being otherwise occupied at a trade show in Costa Mesa, California, I was unable to post.

When I first posted to this blog, I had a rough idea where the blog would go:


Why did synthetica start with fake bluegrass sounds? Why not? This is the Ontario Empoblog, or the blog for Ontario Emperor, which has nothing and everything to do with Canada, New Mexico, and Texas, but also California, which is a location in California. It exists in cyberspace, which is also synthetic.

The Ontario Empoblog may or may not touch on a variety of subjects, including music, poetry, poker, the supposed familial relationship between Brian Eno and Slim Whitman, the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop (1,121 - I checked), various comments about frogs, and the nature of nature.



Well, I don't think that I've covered Tootsie Pops or frogs all that much, and I have no idea what I meant by talking about "the nature of nature," but my perception of the blog is that it's gone all over the place.

My perception may not necessarily be reality. Dear Buster was kind enough to link to this blog, and here's how he perceives it:


Also, I added a link to the "Ontario Empolog" as well. He's also a talented guy who has a lot to say. He was kind enough to add a link to my page, and the least I could do is to return the favor. He's not exactly in my typical readers demographic group (so I didn't group him with my other links), as his page is almost exclusively about politics, but if you are into politics, I'm sure you'll get an interesting read out of his site.


A month or two ago, I recall that someone perceived my site as a Beatles site.

Many of the people who visit my site via search engines probably view it as the Krystal Fernandez site, or the Dave Kampel site, or the Angi Taylor site, or whatever they're looking for at any given moment.

So, let's take a survey of my posts during the month of October and try to categorize them:



There are some political posts, but I suspect that's due to the political season. I'm not going to complete the analysis (any volunteer research assistants?), but I bet that I posted a lot about hurricanes in September, and about funk music in August.

Come December, I will be posting about religion, or perhaps music, or perhaps business, or perhaps Al Green (who combines all three).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog