Kobe Bryant Transcript
No, I am not trendy. I am just getting around to reading this now, courtesy of a link to The Smoking Gun from The Decadent West (9/30/2004 post). Here's the link to the full Smoking Gun publication of the transcript. I'll quote excerpts below, in a family-friendly fashion.


Detective Loya: Do you want to talk about it in front of everybody or do you wanna go into a room...?

Detective Winters: This is, this is your....

Bryant: This is my career.....



Detective Loya: Uh, did you guys hug or kiss?

Detective Winters: Kiss or hug?

Bryant: No....



Bryant: Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean...?

Detective Winters: Well, what do you mean by settle?

Bryant: If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me she would be infuriated....



Detective Winters: We've got physical evidence.

Bryant: Okay....

Detective Loya: So is there any reason why any of your pubic hair...?

Bryant: Well, I'm gonna tell you um, fellas...

Detective Loya: Just be straight up, we're not gonna tell your wife or anything like that. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?

Bryant: Uh, this is what I need to know because uh, I did have sexual intercourse with her. Cause I was...(inaudible whisper).

Detective Winters: And I understand.

Detective Loya: Okay, was it consensual?

Bryant: It was totally consensual....



Bryant: I don't know man, I don't even know if I'll be able to play this season with this s@@@ going on. If it becomes public I'll lose my wife...

Detective Loya: How long you've been married?

Bryant: ...and all my endorsements....

Detective Loya: Well, did you think about that before what you were doing though? It's a chance you take when you play....



Bryant: She has to have a, she has to have a motive, to do, she has to have a motive to do this.

Detective Winters: What would be, what do you think her motive is then?

Bryant: She must be trying to get money or something. (Inaudible).

Detective Loya: Are you willing to pay that if she is?

Bryant: I got to. I got to. I got to. I'm in the worst f@@@ing situation....



Detective Winters: I look at it this way, she's an attractive young lady okay.

Bryant: She wasn't that attractive....



There were also several references to a Michelle, apparently in New York. According to that bastion of journalistic integrity, the National Enquirer, Kobe's wife Vanessa didn't know about Michelle until after the transcript above was made public. The Enquirer states:


The basketball hero was interviewed by investigators just hours after the alleged incident with the college student. Incredibly, Kobe himself revealed Michelle's existence to detectives.

"The affair with Michelle really heated up about six months before Kobe was accused of rape," divulged the close source.

"He was always very careful. Michelle never called him directly, but reached him through a bodyguard."

Kobe's bombshell interview with detectives was sealed by the court, but on September 15 it was leaked - and after learning the lurid details two days later, a horrified Vanessa bolted....



Incidentally, the 57 page transcript does not mention Shaquille O'Neal at all. If Kobe talked about Shaq, it would have been in some other interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog