Speaking of 30 Second Snippets
It's amazing to think that while I was listening to "Motorcycle Mama," "Ride Captain Ride," "Little Willy," and the like, I was completely missing the Beach Boys song "Til I Die." (Yes, I stopped playing Madness.)

I wonder how I would have reacted if I *did* hear the song? I'm trying to put myself back in that 4th grade mindset. Hmmm, let's see. I'm lip syncing to Tony Orlando's "Knock Three Times." I'm all happy because Mike Wilson and I just found a huge stash of Playboy magazines. My dog is being ill-mannered and stealing a banana from a little girl. And then, out of the blue, a fat guy and a bald guy in Hawaiian shirts materialize from nowhere, holding an 8-track tape player, and play this song for me. I'd probably run away screaming.

Someday I'm gonna write a story, based on the introductory pages to Dave Thompson's Some Great Reward, in which, on the day after Daniel Miller first hears the song "I Feel Love," this long-haired, elegantly-dressed, tattooed man from the future called "Dave" approaches Daniel's deejay booth and plays him the song "I Am You."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog