Conservative Opposition to Proposition 62
From the San Francisco Chronicle Letters to the Editor:


San Francisco No on Prop. 62

Editor -- As a centrist conservative, I take exception to your endorsement of the open primary, Proposition 62. Passage of Prop. 62 could disenfranchise me and other conservatives from choosing an appropriate candidate who reflects our viewpoints.

We conservatives are swamped by liberal politicians who do not represent our beliefs. This proposition could remove a person from the general election who shares our values. If I had only to choose between the likes of Nancy Pelosi or Pete Stark -- or even worse some neo-Marxist Green Party candidate -- because the Republican candidate did not get enough votes in the primary, I would leave the ballot blank.

I urge people to vote no on this constitutionally questionable proposition.

JOHN CHASE
Alameda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog