I'm in Another 30 Second Musically Repetitive State
You remember the last time this happened, don't you?

Well, after I observed that the name of Rancho Cucamonga's new shopping center is the same as the name of an old Madness song, I began looking over the other songs on the 1997 version of the "Keep Moving" CD. (This is another instance in which I used to have the cassette, got rid of it, and never got the CD version.) I then found one of my favorite Madness songs, "Time for Tea." See track 13.

Interestingly enough, when you play this 30 second sample on continuous repeat, the end nearly splices in with the beginning. Nifty.

Lyrically, it's one of the spookiest songs around, as the lyrics attest. Here are the last two verses, along with the chorus:


And welly well well what have I found here
a hiding place made by Frigidaire
I think I’ll try it and give my mates a scare
they’ll all be searching neither here nor there

Willie oh Willie she cried it’s time for tea
Willie oh where in Hell has he gone
it’s time for tea

Long depress of autumn breeze
sucking on the rubber back teeth
plays into the hand of the hardware man
who selfishly ”I don’t care”



After the last verse, saxophones, violins, and other instruments trade a mournful melody over the "nutty sound" beat. Definitely not a happy-go-lucky tune....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog