From the State of Exhaustion, But Still Able to Appreciate Misteaks


The first of four CTE "Music Man" performances took place today (with songs and all). Still a little rough (although I successfully used my right hand), but the performance should be better as time goes by.

Wrong film.

Incidentally, I've never seen the movie version of "Music Man." I'm purposely waiting to watch it until after my performances are complete. When I do watch the movie - and in some cases, even when I read the play - I can appreciate these inaccuracies:


While the film [and the play] is set in 1912, the first issue of the pulp magazine, "Captain Billy's Whiz Bang," did not appear until 1919.
At a certain point we see the arid, dry Santa Monica Mountains of Los Angeles in the upper left of the picture with a huge high-tension electrical tower at the summit.
During the song "Wells Fargo Wagon" film equipment and lights can be seen reflected in the store windows.



So, if you want to hear an inaccurate reference to Captain Billy's Whiz Bang, come to Bridges Auditorium in Claremont on Saturday at 2:00.

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Jennifer said…
I've never seen the movie either, but did the musical in high school. I was in theater all through high school and college, and I fully appreciate what you mean by not wanting to see the movie first. Real acting isn't mimicking what other actors did with a piece. It's pouring yourself into the role based on your own reading of the script.
Ontario Emperor said…
After Saturday...(actually MUCH after...a big event at work starts Sunday)

Popular posts from this blog