Random Starlet...Random Co-Star

(Tried to audioblog this item earlier today, but couldn't get a connection.)

I was walking through The Village at Orange this morning and noticed a movie poster for the new movie The Perfect Man.



First, am I the only one who is irked when the pictures of the people do not match up with the textual names? I realize that the text of the names is in a specific order (see next paragraph), but it still irks me to see the name "Chris Noth" and a picture of a blonde woman underneath.

Second, when did Hillary Duff's career shoot into the stratosphere? Getting billing above Heather Locklear is a coup. Sure, I know that Locklear is primarily known for TV work, but you have to admit that she has a lot more TV work than Hillary Duff has work.

Third, what's with the raccoon look? Readers already know that I don't care for the one-eyed look. For me, excessive makeup is also a turn-off. Is Hillary trying to be Avril Lavigne? (Heh.)


Technorati Tags:

Comments

Mary said…
No, you are not the only one bothered by the name ordering "issue". I see that happen all the time and it drives me nuts!

Dear movie-ad industry: Either orchestrate a photo that puts the faces and names in corresponding billing-order (or whatever order they're using; here I suspect it's just alphabetical by last name? Please God, tell me miss Duff-Stuff doesn't outrank Ms Locklear!) or don't put any names near them at all. Do that thing where they get all crunched up at the bottom (which I like better, actually). Then I won't be so distracted by the mis-match that I completely miss whatever's being advertised!

Sorry for the little rant, heh.
Hope you have a nice weekend over in your whereabouts. We recently made some "beautifications" to our front yard last weekend so this weekend will be more about actually enjoying them now. :)
Ontario Emperor said…
Congratulations on your front yard's beautification. We still have an exterior to paint.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Duff outranks Locklear. Especially for younger audiences who don't know the difference between Richie Sambora and Richie Cunningham.

Popular posts from this blog