So much for Technorati tags

Several of my blogs are listed in Technorati, along with the date of last update:


KOER Synthetica Radio Transcripts...Last updated: 2 days ago
Oppose Traffic Calming Obstructions...Last updated: 46 days ago
Ontario Empoblog...Last updated: 47 days ago


Huh? I think I've updated the blog a few times in the last 47 days.

This explains why none of the Technorati tags that I've entered recently have appeared on Technorati. (My first few tags did appear, but the rest didn't.) For whatever strange reason, Technorati isn't even SEEING all the tags that I've entered.

So I figured, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I joined Technorati to see if that would help. I then formally claimed two of my blogs, but was unable to claim the Empoblog.

Technorati says that if you have problems claiming any of your blogs, then contact support. I sent the following letter to Technorati on Saturday, May 21, 2005:


Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:33:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ontario Emperor <...>
To:
Subject: Blog Claim Error

I'm hoping that you can help me with a problem I've encountered.

I began adding Technorati tags to my oemperor.blogspot.com blog over a month ago. At first Technorati faithfully recorded them, but then the recording suddenly stopped. In addition, when I search for my blog in Technorati, it states that my blog has not been updated in a month, although I have been updating it frequently.

My Blogger settings are set as specified in Technorati help.

I've tried entering manual ping requests, with no success.

Today, I joined Technorati as a member (oemperor) and tried to claim my blogs. Although I was able to claim koer.blogspot.com and otco909.blogspot.com, my attempt to claim oemperor.blogspot.com resulted in the error
"The URL you entered is not a claimable blog. Please check the URL and try again. If you think you have received this message in error please contact support."

So I'm contacting you and asking for your assistance. Thanks in advance.

--
http://ontarioemperor.tripod.com/
http://oemperor.blogspot.com/



Well, it's now June 6, 2005, and Technorati has yet to respond.

Looking for another tagging method...this one ain't working.

Technorati Tags: Not in use; Technorati is not logging new entries to this blog

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd help you out, but I only WORK in the I.T. department, which generally means I have NO CLUE about tagging or other such techy technology....games. on that note.....thx for the groans! ;)

your fellow Ontarian (from the North...btw nice audio clip)
Anonymous said…
It's not just you having this problem, it happened with my blog (torley.blog-city.com) too and I have yet to hear back from Technorati support too. :(

Popular posts from this blog