(breaking the tribute momentarily) Dang You Yankeebob

Ever since I read this post by Yankeebob, I've had a song going through my head. The Who, "Music Must Change," from Who Are You. I really wanna know how they came up with that one.

Realize that this song was written in the late 1970s, when the punk movement was in full swing. One would expect The Who, the original "hope I die before I get old" people, to realize that it was time for a new voice in the music world. The message "music must change" makes sense for The Who.

But then you listen to the music. If you dare. Here's the album; check out track 5 (Windows Media format). The beginning of the 30 second track showcases the orchestral arrangements; the rest of the cut features the organ over the acoustic guitar. Ultimate pretension all over the place. It's beautiful. I hope they did it tongue in cheek.

Compare with its exact opposite, Sid Vicious' "My Way."

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
You know, they use dead people in commercials, don't they?

Popular posts from this blog