Random Organization...Random Charity

From Vega Chang's blog:


...What impresses me most is the "AIESECare" session. It is a fund raising event for the tsunami victims. They put up the AIESEC banner, news photos of the tsunami hit counties and a lot of greeting card written by AIESEC members. Japanese trainee Saki came over to share her Phuket trip when tsunami happened. Some LC members sang a song especially written for tsunami victims… You can easily see we AIESEC people care, and we AIESEC people do act! They made many CD of the song they write for tsunami victims and try to sell to people and get fund to donate. That is AIESEC spirit! You know it might just little effort and little result, but you just do it because you know someway somehow it would work and mean a lot to someone.

Anyway, all in all, the Hong Kong WNCF is an unforgettable one. It's my first time to play the role as Conference Chair. Surely I have leant a lot, and also my Cantonese improves a lot. :-)

Big thank to those hard working MC fighters – Maggie, Gary, Hong, Henry, Mindy, Michelle, Alvin... and those lovely AIESEC members from 6 Local Committee. And also girls from HK MC 03-04, Shirley, Maggie, Connie, Agnes, Emily, Erica who accompanied me for "steamed milk" (my FAVORITE Hong Kong dessert!!) and GREAT GREAT GREAT Hong Kong food!



Of course, charity isn't unlimited:


Have you ever imagined that you would be "prohibited" to go to certain country?

Just realized that non[e] of the people holding Malaysia passport can go to Israel. Not sure what's the feeling for "not being allowed to go somewhere"....



Vega's blog entry includes a picture of a Malaysian passport, with the following text in English:


MALAYSIA PASSPORT

This passport valid for all countries except:

ISRAEL



Technorati Tags:

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe what I just read about the passport withholding, that's an atrocity, really.

btw...I linked you to my blog, I hope you don't mind....you may get some strange characters visiting your blog now.....jk....they're all just dandy or is that randy?
Ontario Emperor said…
I knew a Randy. He wasn't a dandy. I don't even know if he ate candy.

Popular posts from this blog