De-Douged

Lately I've been getting a lot of blog hits with search terms like "Doug Krikorian KSPN."

This afternoon, I was listening to KSPN (ESPN Radio 710) and heard an advertisement for "The Joe Show."

Doug Krikorian's June 19 column in the Long Beach Press Telegram includes the following:


The McDonnell-Douglas Show, featuring Press-Telegram columnist Doug Krikorian and radio personality Joe McDonnell, can be heard Monday through Friday between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on ESPN radio, KSPN 710 AM


By June 21, the statement was gone.

After some searching, I found the following statement at Joe McDonnell's website:


Tuesday, June 21, 2005

SADLY...IT'S TRUE. DOUG IS OUT AT KSPN--6-21-05
Hi everybody--

The rumors are true. Doug Krikorian was let go by the station last night after the show. I'm sad and disappointed. Doug is my friend and has been for almost 30 years, and he's helped me through some of the toughest times in my life...especially the last few years. I don't really understand management's decision.....but it's not my place to understand it. I'm just an employee and I'll do whatever they think is best for the future of the station. Erik Braverman and I put this radio station together nearly five years ago, and I'm very proud of the station's growth since. And the McDonnell/Douglas show was the cornerstone for the station growth. Apparently management--which doesn't include Braverman or myself any longer, even though I have the title of Assistant Program Director--thinks that the station can grow even more by changing things up. And if putting someone new with me gets us over the top..that's will be great. But I'll really miss working with Doug........



Not everyone was as heartbroken as Joe over the turn of events:


it nly took 5 years to get rid of him. Now we can focus ongetting rid of Joe!
# posted by earl4 : 1:13 PM
This is a start. The worst show on the air got 50% better. It is time for the amateur hour to stop. Maybe KSPN will catch a break and Tony Bruno or Steve Szaban will be allowed to get out of their contracts.
# posted by sports_genius : 4:23 PM
Now it's time for Joe to get the axe or just transfer his ass to a Miami affiliate. There is only so much Laker hate a fan can take. That's not good radio at all. It's Bash radio. Most Lakeer fans have switched the dial over to 1540 with Dave Smith, who is knowledgable without ass kissing a certain traded player who does nothing but bash the fans and the Lakers org.

Joe, you have sided with the wrong athlete in your mission to bash the Lakers and Kobe every chance you get....The fans have tuned you out, and this will be your demise. Keep wearing your Miami jersey in LA Joe, it represents you Bandwagon ass very good...Mr "Ive been a Laker fan my whole life"

Good riddance to DK, and good riddance to your ratings.
# posted by Dickster : 5:04 PM
Doug got lucky. he doest have to listen to the Big idiot anymore. Everyone i know tuned this show out a long time ago. Joe, you make comments without any basis and you are clearly Shaqs boyfriend. the level of your ass kissing of Shaq makes me sick. Shaq was clearly at fault, with him not working out, gaining weight, not playing any D, Not stepping out on picks, Starting all the Sh!t Talking, etc etc. Now with Phil Back, its obvious who the odd man out was. Joe, i hope your next, cause i dont ever want to hear your stupid, assinine comments again. Congrats Doug!
# posted by D : 5:40 PM



P.S. I'm trying a new template for my posts. Let's see what happens.

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog