Unofficial Company Commentators
Accordion Guy done sez:


"I know why the investors are commenting on your blog.," he said. "Go to Raging Bull and check out the Tucows discussion."...

It's kind of amusing and flattering that the investors consider me a guy with an inside track with the high-muckity-mucks...



For the record, this blog does not overly discuss my employer (notice that I said overtly), so my comments will not postively or adversely affect the attitude of the investment community towards my employer.

However, I find it extremely frustrating to read the Yahoo! finance message boards for our business unit's competitors. From experience, I can tell you that 90% of all posters on these boards are clueless. Since you don't know my competitors, let me construct an example based upon a company that we all know about:


I really like this stock!
by: iluvbillg
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy 05/08/05 11:17 am
Msg: 256256 of 281340

I normally do not post but I want to go on record with this one. This stock will be @ $100.00 by Mid June. I will not get lengthy but MSFT has a lot going. I have herd rumor that Steve Jobs is considering junking his OS and moving to MSFT, if anyone else has herd this please say so. I also think that this co is going to be busy busy in the near future when SCO succeeds in its law suit (I have read the judges private comments). Super strong buy, I moved 28% of portfolio to this stock today.
ILUVBILLG IS A RETARD
by: linux4ever
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 05/08/05 11:18 am
Msg: 256257 of 281340

YEH YOU SAY STEVE JOBS WILL GET RID OF APPLE OPERATING SYSTEM YOU ARE A LIER. SCO WILL GO BANK RUPT TRIYNG TO STIFLE OPEN SOURCE. OPEN SOURCE WIL NOT BE STOPED! MSFT WILL DROP TO 2.
Don't shout, ahole
by: iluvbillg
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy 05/08/05 11:20 am
Msg: 256258 of 281340

Didnt your momma tell you not to use the caps lock key. Now stop playing on the computer before your momma puts you in time out.
GET YOUR WELFARE CHECK
by: linux4ever
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 05/08/05 11:23 am
Msg: 256259 of 281340

SHUT UP ILUVBILLG YOU PENNY STOCK CLOWN AND TAKE YOUR LUCNH MONEY AND BET IT ON THE HORSES. I HAVE MADE OVER 1 MILLION DOLARS IN THE STOCK MARKET IN LAST 3 YEARS. RETIRMENT IS GOOD AND I LIVE IN AMANSON ON THE LAKE AND DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU BUT YOU WONT RETIRE BECAUSE MCDONALDS DOESNT HAVE A PENSON PLAN.



Anyone who knows anything about the Yahoo! finance message boards knows that I am not exaggerating the content in any way. It's that bad.

oempomeme: What are your car radio presets?

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog