Random Picture...Random Story

Although this has been in my link list for some time, I don't think I've explicitly talked about it until now.

Random Picture...Random Story is a collaborative effort. Every week Buster Van Buren posts a picture, and several of us make up a story based upon the picture that Buster posted.

For example, this week's picture resulted in this story from me. This week, I took my love of hyperlinks and embedded images a bit too far. Perhaps next week I'll write a three word paragraph. You'll also notice that I like to touch upon topics that were also covered in this blog.

So, for those who are dying to get into the empoblogging half-brain, here are some random comments about the stories I have written:

  • The late Bob Marley, May 2, 2005 (picture). Several Bob Marley song titles mutate into Andre Agassi's former love. As noted above, I decided to incorporate other pictures this week, just for the fun of it. And of course, my favorite fake Pope (no offense to the other fake Popes) had to make an appearance. At least I left Splunchy out of it.

  • How did I get stuck in this stinky stupid dance group?, April 27, 2005 (picture). Two of us wrote stories that week, and we both concentrated on the boy. Never did find out what the girl was thinking.

  • Do Not Doubt My Power, April 17, 2005 (picture). I confess that I have no idea who this guy is, but he looked like a televangelist to me.

  • Can You Tell Me How To Leave, April 11, 2005 (picture). Of course, this was influenced by "The Truman Show." But in this, my first post to the "Random Picture...Random Story" blog, I freely indulged in my love of hyperlinks, strewing (or spewing?) stuff about Hillary Clinton, Wall Street, military recruiting, the Amsterdam red light district, UNESCO on ignorance, telephone psychics, Mr. Pistachio (don't ask me why), makeup for cross-dressers, the old Beatles song "She's Leaving Home," immigrant teaching contracts, Jose Canseco, plus numerous references to Sesame Street and, of course, the "Dear Buster" blog itself....And you just thought it was a guy with a bag. However, I concede that Mike Hubbell's story is a more entertaining read.


However, one of the previous stories (written before I became a contributor to the blog) nearly brought tears to my eyes. Here's a small excerpt of the entire story (here's the picture):


...When Bobby began to ramble on, and started to talk about things that didn't make sense, Bingo didn't care. He sat there and listened to him patiently. The nights when Bobby would sob uncontrollably, as life's pressures became too much, Bingo would bury his head in Bobby's lap or jump up on him and lick his face. It seemed that Bingo's mere presence made Bobby feel better....


Maybe it's because I'm a dog owner myself, but that piece (written by Buster) really hit me...

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Mary said…
What a great idea for a collaborative blog.

I was tempted to write in and give a piece of that dancing girl's mind to offset the boyish expressions of you two storytellers. Heh. ;)
Ontario Emperor said…
You should join. Contact Buster. We need help!

Popular posts from this blog