If an Airline Flight is Removed from the Schedule, Does It Make a Sound?

My family and I are going to the East Coast in June. Because I'm returning on an earlier date, we booked our flights separately. My wife and daughters booked with Travelocity; I booked with Expedia. After some coordination, we got ourselves on the same flights, on nearby seats, on American Airlines.

Then American Airlines changed their schedules and eliminated one (or both?) of our eastbound flights, resulting in automatic changes to our itineraries. In both cases, we were placed on a set of flights that arrived on the East Coast after midnight.

My wife called Travelocity and got placed on an earlier flight with no problem.

I called Expedia, and was told that since they didn't make the change (American did), any change to my itinerary would result in a $100 fee. I asked if I should speak with American directly, and was told to do so. Then, working off the canned script, the representative asked if Expedia had answered my questions today. I responded in the negative.

Good news; American took care of the change with no problem (and no fee), and even put me right next to the rest of my family.

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog