More on Loyalty Clubs

A followup.

We'll be going to Manhattan in late June, and I wanted to find a nearby grocery store (our suite has a kitchen, so we might as well use it some of the time). Now I am pretty much a suburban guy, but even I know that you won't find a Safeway with a huge parking lot in a strip mall in the middle of Manhattan. After some effort, I found a New York area grocery chain called Food Emporium with several Manhattan locations.

While exploring the website further, I discovered that Food Emporium doesn't have its own loyalty card, but instead offers a loyalty card from an outfit called Gold Points.



This raised a question - if I were to get a Gold Points card, could I use it out here in California after I returned from my trip? It turns out that most of the Gold Points businesses are online businesses, so the answer is yes. In addition, I looked at their list of food establishments and found that one of the listed businessses was TGI Friday's.



Well, I can definitely use that, inasmuch as TGI Friday's is one of the major establishments that hosts the NTN online games. I have played NTN at TGI Friday's locations in Brea, West Covina, and Yorba Linda, for example. (Strangely enough, I've never played at the Ontario location.)

So I went to the Yorba Linda location yesterday, ordered lunch, grabbed my Playmaker, applied for the TGI Friday's Gold Points card, and answered various trivia questions over a sandwich and salad. Works for me.

(Incidentally, my NTN points total, recorded at the Tequila Hoppers website, has climbed over 80,000. I don't think I'll hit 25 million any time soon, but I'd like to break 100,000 at some point.)

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog