A Change Is Gonna Come
For all of you who religously read my KOER blog every day, you've just read a long playlist with a bunch of songs, and no appearance by Wesley "I'm a General" Clark at all.

For purposes of this empoblog, the most significant song in the list is the Merle Haggard song.

Several months ago (or perhaps it was a year ago), I modified the settings on my LAUNCHcast station so that dance music had a greater emphasis. I primarily did this because no station out here was really playing this music on a regular basis, and this would at least give me the opportunity to hear the music.

Well, I'm starting to tweak my LAUNCHcast playlist again.

Blame KWRM and their early evening show consisting of old Southern Gospel songs. It hit me that Southern Gospel was the diametric opposite of the trance and dance music that I had been programming on my LAUNCHcast station.

So, when I got home this evening, I started adding Southern Gospel artists to my LAUNCHcast mix, and giving them the highest rating. Only problem - they're aren't that many Southern Gospel artists on Yahoo! (at least that I know about). So I promoted a few other artists at the same time, including Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Merle Haggard.

The difference isn't that noticeable yet - the station still sounds 80% like a danged Ibiza reunion or sumfin - but over time, perhaps we'll get a really interesting mix of music there.

Be sure to listen if you haven't already.

And, by the way, I'm not going to make the jump into podcasting just yet - so you'll have to rely on my occasional audioblogs for yer audio fix, mates and matettes.

oempomeme: What are your car radio presets?

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Badpatty said…
I think I'll have to check it out. I'm currently on there as kiltedcueball, or you can get to the station at http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1554048894

Let me know what you think.
Ontario Emperor said…
Listened to badpatty's station at http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1554048894. First song up was from Miles Davis ("Flamenco Sketches"). Recommended.

Popular posts from this blog