.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>




Ontario Empoblog

Ontario Emperor Blog
("yup, its random!")
This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog


Home
Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007  


The Breast Cancer Site
Fund free mammograms at no cost to yourself by clicking on the link, then on the pink button.


Hall of Shame (NoteUnworthy Blog Posts)
Other Blogs (sorted regionally)
Ontario Emperor Selected del.icio.us Tags

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares

;

pkblogs.com


Who Links Here

Click for Ontario, California Forecast

Sunday, March 19, 2006

My lass, I didn't raise you to be a news presenter! 


In England, it appears that the daughters of sports stars don't become boxers or whatever - they become newscasters (or presenters or whatever they call them over there). From 15 January (McQueen has since made it to the air):


HAYLEY McQUEEN, former Manchester United star Gordon's gal, is the latest daughter of a famous sporting dad to join the ranks over at Sky. Word reaches Confidential that, after a successful screen test, the former Middlesbrough FC in-house TV station presenter is doing a two-month stint as a sub-editor before she is given her chance on air.

She has high hopes of following footballers' daughters Gabby Logan and Kelly Dalglish, and golfer Bernard Gallacher's lass, Kirsty, on the box.



And she's already being covered in UK TV Babes Capped. Meanwhile, Dad's words are emblazoned on a t-shirt:


"Ask all the players in the country which club they would like to play for and 99% would say 'Manchester United'. The other 1% are liars"


Well, Hayley didn't join Manchester United, but she didn't fall straight into presenting. She has at least one production credit, as producer of something called the Roary Roadshow Summer Special from Boro TV.

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments:
If you got here from Google, you may be interested in some other posts about Hayley McQueen in the Ontario Empoblog.

English football people...and golfing people, and horse racing people (April 2, 2006)

Hayley McQueen on the World Cup (July 7, 2006)
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link