Loss of Reality
For some reason, I've been thinking about a letter that I posted in this blog a few days ago. Emphasis mine.


Subject : I wish they would leave you alone

I have just driven back from a soccer game when I heard about the police searching your ranch. With so many people out to give you a hard time it was a nice change to hear four blokes in there 20's and 30's who I travelled with, say that they wish they would leave you alone. I am a fan of your music and think you are the greatest entertainer I have seen in my life time. I am fairly successful myself and have suffered with jealous people. This obviously hasn't been on the same scale as yours but I can relate to your problems. Michael, if you want a good chat with someone then don't hesitate in contacting me. You are a good man and it is a crying shame that there aren't more people like yourself in this sad and troubled world.

Keep your chin up mate!
John Lewis



For the record, I once wrote to the White House requesting an interview with then-President Nixon for a class project. I didn't get the interview, but I got a nice letter. However, I was in elementary school at the time. John Lewis is a grownup. Does he really think Michael will call? Or, better yet, drop in?

Perhaps if John mentioned that he had a son, Michael might make an extra effort to stop by. Because he's dedicated to helping children, of course.

One more comment, from Bill Bickel:


I doubt I'd run into much opposition if I said that, if Jackson is found guilty, not only should the boy's parents be barred from suing him, but they should have criminal charges filed against them as well. They couldn't possibly be unaware of the allegations against Jackson, and allowing your son to have a "sleepover" with Michael Jackson is like leaving your baby in the care of a dingo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog