Going to the Chapel in a Technological Sort of Way
I got married back in 1989, and my biggest use of technology was to use MacDraw to create a map. (Or was that for one of the showers? I can't remember now.)

Fast-forward to December 4, 2003 for the second post in the blog "Going to the Chapel":


Fun and games on the wedding front. I have possibly located a wedding photographer and videographer. Now it is up to Marc’s amazing negotiating skills.

We have visited several reception locations so far...here is a brief rundown on what we have seen so far.

1. Martin’s West:

Marc and I pseudo-met here, so we decided to take a look. A really nice woman named Michelle showed us around. They are relatively reasonably priced. Their chargers look like the plates from the Titanic! The big problem was that they were so cookie-cutter. I could just see three other weddings going on at the same time at the hall, and people asking, "Are you Wedding #1, #2 or #3? That’s not the kind of wedding I had envisioned. Another downside was that the room they would have put us in was really small for the number of people we would have. The tables and chairs were right up next to the divider screen, and I can’t imagine my guests having to squeeze next to the wall in order to sit down.

Marc and I went to their free tasting in July. The food was really good, surprisingly. There was only one major problem.: everything that was cool, and different, was also extra. The doughnut machine was really fun to watch, but we could not afford it. Marc really enjoyed the coffee bar, but again it was $$$.

Nixed from the list in a hurry…but they keep sending us tickets to the free tasting… so we went again a couple of weeks ago just for the free dinner....



And now, the latest post. They're still not married yet (the wedding date is in July), but things are moving along.


Well, buying a house is great for the diet. I’ve lost a few pounds from sheer stress alone. And if stress is the only cause, I’ll be down to a size 2 by July from all the stress. Not to mention packing, unpacking, repairing, painting, scrubbing, and doing all of the things that come along with home ownership....

The home inspection was this weekend. Ugh. I don’t know why anyone passes these up. You can never tell when you buy a house, and what may look good on the exterior, may have problems beneath the surface. We found a few things that need fixing, but not too many serious problems. I got to spend a good amount of time in our new house, and I slowly came to be overwhelmed by the amount of work there is to be done. I’m seriously considering taking half the items off of our registry and replacing them with gift cards to Home Depot....

So today is V-Day, and guess what we’re doing for dinner? We’re getting burritos! How romantic, I know. I don’t mind all that much. As long as I get to spend time with Marc, I’ll be happy.



My conclusion: any relationship that can survive over a year of wedding planning PLUS a house purchase must be a very strong engagement. Best of luck, Marc and Krystyna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog