How Deep Is The Valley (McAlans Pub Quits NTN)
Excuse me for a moment while I ignore Mindy McCready, Rick James, illegal immigration, Patti Smith, and other supposedly important matters. This is serious!

Long-standing readers know about my NTN addiction. While I won't go into a gay bar with male cage dancers to play NTN, I'll go almost anywhere else. (For the record, I have a very nice lunch at the Laclede Street Grill during my recent St Louis stay.)

But one of my favorite places to go is McAlans Pub and Grill in Alta Loma, California. I often find myself in Alta Loma for 1 1/2 hours on Wednesday evenings, so I usually hop over to McAlans by about 7:40 pm, play the end of the 7:30 game, then play the 8:00 and 8:30 games before leaving.

Well, tonight was the first time in several weeks that I found myself in Alta Loma. As usual, I headed to McAlans Pub, entered the establishment, and headed left toward the wide screen where they usually show the NTN games. The wide screen was showing something else. I then looked to the TV to the far left. The entire TV was missing.

After a few minutes, I asked the waitress if she could turn one of the other TVs to NTN. "We don't have that any more," she replied.

I don't know how much NTN charges a bar to show their games, but apparently McAlans decided that the cost was no longer worth it. The pub seemed much emptier than usual for a Wednesday night, but I doubt that NTN had anything to do with the decreased attendance.

So, what's an addict to do? The other NTN locations (Beer Hunters, Gameworks and TGI Fridays) are all several miles away. And the last time I went to Gameworks, all of their Playmakers were broken.

So I spent my time at Goodfellas instead. Why? Because they've hosted Alexa's Wish in the past. Loyalty counts in large amounts.

(For the record, I am presently in 9th place at Tequila Hoppers with 69,400 Players Plus points.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog