Since You've Been Gone
When I was last actively blogging, Hurricane Ivan was the big worry. Today, Hurricane Jeanne's death toll has topped 1,000:

Workers used dump trucks to empty more than 100 bodies into a 14-foot-deep hole on Wednesday — the first mass grave for the more than 1,070 flood victims of Tropical Storm Jeanne. Bystanders shrieked, held their noses against the stench and demanded that officials collect bodies in waterlogged fields. The government late Wednesday said up to 1,250 people were still missing and that the death toll could rise to 2,000 people.

In other news, Serial Blogonomy has more ex-Mormons than Brigham Young had wives:

I've also noticed a big ex-Mormon presence in the blogosphere lately. Dooce, of couse, and her fine husband Blurbomat; I've heard This Fish is on the same page; hell, even Tony Pierce is talking about his friend's motorcycle riding ex-Mormon roommate.

As of now, her Google ads mainly focus on the Book of Mormon or LDS dating services. I've just implemented my Google ads, so they're still generic and blog-like. Maybe I should just post "Make Money Fast" a lot and see what happens to the ads.

And, I should also note this post on Groovebunny's blog, written 9/15 but not read by me until today:

Please Take a Moment...
groovebunny | 09/15/2004 - 10:36am
Please Take a Moment...
Sadly, Ontario Emperor is suffering from a very sad loss. Please take the time to visit him today and leave him a note of support. Thanks guys.
~charm


So I'd like to take a moment to offer thanks to those in the blogosphere who have offered their condolences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog