Relevant Tony Bruno Entry Found Via Blogpulse
Ben Maller, 9/24/2004

Tony Bruno, who as the co-host of the Fox Radio's morning show was one of the few reasons to listen to that network's syndicated programming on KFXN (690 AM), has left the show.

Thanks to Blogpulse.

Ben Maller links to a forum which has received a barrage of comments. There are some very good comments there...

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: WDAEFAN50
Date: 09-20-04 13:23

Damn! That's an understatment for the record book! I was at my radio at 8:06 am. The local station has (or had) an open for Tony Bruno, the only indiviudial FOX Sports Radio one they have (or had). I could tell from the start when they played the one that said, "W-D-A-E. Dominating sports talk radio, 620 WDAE. The Home Of FOX SPORTS RADIO!" Oh, ****! Because its not done automatically for Tony Bruno, because there is Matt Sammon, the bord op.. He would always play something that said Tony Bruno. Then it got worse! After the FOX music, I heard what I knew meant the end of an era! "This is.....FOX Sports Radio....FOX SPORTS." I could have saved an hour of my life by turning off the radio then! But, I was too shoken up from banging my head on the wall 3 times!

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!...



Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: screamformelongbeach
Date: 09-20-04 13:59

It's an outrage of Biblical proportions. Did FSR not learn from the Kiley/Booms debacle that you can't let your top talent walk (not that Kiley/Booms are in Bruno's league, mind you). Congrats, Fox Sports Radio, you have just lost tens of thousands of listeners....



Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: AMike
Date: 09-20-04 14:14

First time poster here.

It is an outrage! It has been my morning habit to listen to Bruno on my drive in to work via XM Satellite Radio. I thought I was hearing things when I heard the opening for the Morning Extravaganza today. As soon as I heard Andrew was hosting, I switched the radio back to ESPN radio. During one of ESPN's commerical breaks, I switched back, and noticed on the screen which identifies the program that it said "Morning Extravaganza, Bruno, Siciliano". And there was a promo for Fox Sports Radio on XM, and it featured Bruno. I guess XM didn't get the memo.

I listened to the rest of the show at work via XTRA690.com. There was no mention of Bruno which didn't surprise me and I only recalled one phone call from a listener during the time I listened. I found out the news about Bruno here.

The "new" Morning Extravaganza is not good. Andrew is just not a strong enough personality to carry a show.

Bruno was the main hire of Fox Sports Radio when it initially started and far and away, IMHO, the best personality of this network. Now that he's gone, I would not be surprised if this network disappears within the next year, or merges with Sporting News Radio....



Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: screamformelongbeach
Date: 09-20-04 15:10

...I have no doubt Tony will quickly land on his feet somewhere else, but I hate to see the Tony/Andrew/Chris Morales team split up. Tony singlehandedly gave Fox Sports radio the credibility it desperately needed when it launched in 2000....and this is how they repay him....



Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: screamformelongbeach
Date: 09-20-04 17:11

From www.allaccess.com, a radio industry website:

After a long period of contract limbo, TONY BRUNO exits the 8-Noon slot at PREMIERE's FOX SPORTS RADIO. Co-host ANDREW SICILIANO holds down the fort with former KANSAS CITY ROYALS pitcher MARK GUBICZA for now, with a permanent successor for BRUNO to be named.

BRUNO's name has been mentioned in connection with at least one high profile morning opening currently available, so stay tuned ...


Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: screamformelongbeach
Date: 09-22-04 10:29

...from www.allaccess.com today>>>>>

For the many folks who have contacted ALL ACCESS about getting in touch with former FOX SPORTS RADIO morning extravaganza TONY BRUNO, here's the e-mail address: sportsyak@yahoo.com. ALL ACCESS hears that, contrary to reports elsewhere, BRUNO is not ticketed for KNBR-A/SAN FRANCISCO, and he remains available for both sports and non-sports stations....


Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: Mraz
Date: 09-22-04 23:05

Just from doing my Bruno-kore E-search, I thought that was his e-mail too, but if you go to this, you will see some of the stuff like his age, doesn't match up:


http://profiles.yahoo.com/sportsyak ....



Re: IT'S AN OUTRAGE!
Author: screamformelongbeach
Date: 09-23-04 00:05

Mraz...I got a reply e-mail from Tony today, and it came from tonyonfox@yahoo.com. I had sent him a short e-mail thanking him for the past 4 years of entertainment he provided, and he was kind enough to write back. The man is a class act, for sure....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog