God May Not Be A Republican
Michael Hanscom and I are of different political persuasions - I believe he would still prefer to see Howard Dean as the presidential nominee, while I'm probably learning toward Bush (unless John and Ken brainwash me to do something else).

However, I think that he and I agree on one thing - God may not necessarily be a Republican. In fact, there's even the slightest chance that God may not be an American.

Mad Magazine, of all people, has noted that liberal Christianity is a valid strain of Christianity. Michael, Boing Boing, and Atrios have all cited all of portions of this fake Bush ad:



Of course, I may be wrong:

From the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel:

NORFOLK, Va. -- Pat Robertson said Friday that God told him President Bush will be re-elected in a landslide.

``I think George Bush is going to win in a walk,'' the religious broadcaster said on his ``700 Club'' program....

``I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way,'' Robertson said.

``The Lord has just blessed him,'' Robertson said of Bush. ``I mean, he could make terrible mistakes and comes out of it. It doesn't make any difference what he does, good or bad, God picks him up because he's a man of prayer and God's blessing him.''

Comments

Popular posts from this blog