Red Sleeping
When I'm not listening to "The Guns of Brixton" in my car, I'm listening to the music from "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" at my computer. If you're sick of the phenomenon, skip to my discussion of various Catholic branches. If not, read this:


The Laziest Men on Mars is supposed to be a band, but is in fact the brainchild of Jeffery Ray Roberts....[T]he "band" is known primarily for their musical tribute to (site creator) Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's famous ICQ prank "Space Robot Bonanza" and the background music to the popular "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" Flash animation floating around on the Internet....The "All your base..." music is actually a remix of the video game music by Tatsuya Uemura.


And this:


Gabber is a type of techno music that is harder, darker and faster than most, and is characterized by having unintelligible sounds. I'd never actually heard gabber until I saw this Web site, created by a group of graphic artists and musicians called The Laziest Men on Mars. The Flash presentation starts with a Japanimation-esque intro, where some evil dude with a half-metal face tells the crew of a space ship "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" in a computerized voice. Then a song, "Invasion of the Gabber Robots," plays over a show of dozens of photos that have all been digitally altered with the evil guy's catch phrase. It's written on a fortune cookie slip, on the warning label of a pack of cigarettes ... it's lit up in giant squares as a Wheel of Fortune puzzle. You have to see it to understand it, and even then, you probably won't.


I still haven't reviewed all the stuff here, but I will someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog