Playing tourist in the Boston area


[UPDATE JULY 9 - CHEERS PICTURES HERE.]

All this week I've been on a business trip in Boston. This is my first time in Massachusetts, and only my third time in the northeast - I had another business trip to Hartford a few years ago, and visited a friend in Ridgefield, Connecticut a quarter century ago.

Most of the time has been spent on business, but I got to do a few things Monday, Thursday, and today (Friday).

On Monday, I spent the morning walking around the Back Bay area and ended up eating lunch at The Pub Formerly Known as the Bull & Finch Pub (now the Cheers Beacon Hill website). Nobody knew my name, but the chicken sandwich was good.

Thursday night, I took the subway over to Cambridge and wandered aimlessly around Harvard a bit, which is the closest that I've ever gotten to an Ivy League college. (I actually applied to Princeton, but was not accepted.) Ended up having dinner at Upstairs on the Square, again having chicken, along with a Delirium Tremens. The beer was served in a glass, not a bottle, so I didn't see the pink elephants. (Remember the drunken Dumbo? I missed that one in my old Disney post.)

Today I took the subway in the other direction, towards Adams National Historical Park in Quincy. The trolley took us to the birthplaces (right next door to each other) of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, then took us to the "Old House" that Adams the elder purchased just before he became Vice President. Lunch, by the way, was at the Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant in Quincy. Not quite Don Jose, but much better than the Mexican food in Lusk, Wyoming.

Eventually I'll download my pictures and may post a few of them.

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog