Faulty Experiment Design, And An Attempted Correction


I made a mistake when I designed my experiment on Saturday, July 22. That was the day in which I discussed the strategy which put Senator William Napoli's website at the top of Google searches for "sexist asshat."

If you read to the end of that post, you probably figured out what my experiment was going to be. In case you didn't, I was (and still am) trying to ensure that the Ontario Technoblog is the first-listed search item when you perform a Google search for the words "top technoweenie blog."

This morning, I realized the mistake that I made in my experiment: I used the term on the target page itself. Granted, after a couple of months (if I behave myself from now on) the term will scroll off the main page of this blog. Still, I've ruined the experiment by repeating the phrase in this blog, so any Google results are naturally faulty.

Dang.

Dang.

Superdang. (This won't work; Google says that as of this morning, this term has been used about 242 times.

Superduperdang. As of now, this is virgin territory. We'll try this one.

[UPDATE: No we won't. As Britney Spears famously said 7-8 months ago, "Oops, I did it again." This post was supposed to be in the Ontario Technoblog, not the Ontario Empoblog. The fact that I mistakenly put it in the Empoblog ruins the whole experiment again. And since the rss feeds have already picked it up, deleting it won't return everything to pristine-ness. Argh.]

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, you post better thing here. I still like MySpace better.
Ontario Emperor said…
This is more longstanding and established and all that stuff - I've been writing it since October 2003.

I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between the various blogs in my virtual empire. MySpace will probably end up being more personal, and will be influenced more by the people that are on MySpace, such as you and Tammynize.

Popular posts from this blog