And yes, I know which state wasn't an original


You Passed the US Citizenship Test

Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!


Upon reflection, I wonder if these questions were truly the important questions. I'll grant that it's nice to know when the President's inauguration occurs (and by the way, websurfers who took this test in 1928 would have given a different response), but the one thing that I didn't see in the questions was any question having to do with separation of powers (well, there was one, I guess). It's more important for a potential citizen to know the roles of the different branches of the Federal government, and it's even more important to know the roles of Federal vs. state governments (in other words, why you don't call your Senator when your neighbor's dog barks at 3am).

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
I neglected to mention that I got the test from Jennifer, who got it from Ron, who got it from Rebecca.
R. Stewart said…
I think the "real" test is a bit more comprehensive:)

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/require.htm
julie said…
Websurfers in 1928 would have been an entirely different breed!! :)
Ontario Emperor said…
And, in a timely manner, an article appears that states that Americans don't know about the First Amendment.
Jennifer said…
Dang it all! I've got to go find a list of those colonies.

Popular posts from this blog