Happiness
I am mentally happy at the moment.

I was doing some blog surfing this evening, and when I got to Erin-Go-Blog, I found a link to Dave Barry's blog. I didn't even know he had a blog. Although I guess everyone in journalism has a blog these days.

Actually, this discovery is of significance to you, the reader, because it gives me a chance to reveal the origin of a phrase that I've used in this blog a time or two. No, I'm not talking about "This land is your land/this land is my land/Looks like one of us/Has a forged deed to this land." But I am talking about the book which included that song parody - Dave Barry's Dave Barry Slept Here, his version of U.S. history. If you can ever find a copy, by all means read it, especially if you're interested in history. It's a parody of American history, history education, and whatever else comes to mind. As an example, once Nixon resigned, everyone discovered that Spiro Agnew had resigned earlier, to take a job clubbing baby seals.

Now you know where I got that phrase. I'm glad I've given your life meaning. I should go to bed now.

[Ref]
[Another Ref]

Comments

Erinna said…
Thanks for the link. So glad I could be of assistance. :)

-Erin (go-blog!)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on finding Dave Barry's blog. He and Judi post primarily excellent things, as you'd expect, during the 6 or 8 months I've been following it, but it's too difficult to comment on all of them, usually, when they blog 10 items a day, unless you're one of those stay-at-homers who seem to tend to be middle-age to elderly women who really like using the word "lol," but I don't suppose that's you, since you say you're from Orange County and male, like I am. So, welcome, or hi, or "Ontario" anagrams to "oration," I guess.
Ontario Emperor said…
For the record, I'm approaching middle age, I'm definitely male, I'm employed, and I usually type "LOL" in all caps. And I *hate* long walks on the beach.
Ontario Emperor said…
Welcome to MySpace readers who click on links. The question - why?

Popular posts from this blog