Never Knew It Would Be Like This
If you like a song, I believe that you shouldn't be shy about listening to it. Over and over. (In CD player terms, this is "repeat 1.")

During my morning drive today, I listened to Duran Duran's "Wild Boys" over and over. (Note to self: time for another Empoblog Aurothots.) (Second note to self: done.)
This normally doesn't cause a problem, since I execute "repeat 1" while I'm in the car alone where it can't bug anyone else.

However, I did goof a couple of decades ago. I was in The Burbs (our off-campus house) one day and got in the mood to hear Devo's "Going Under." Devo is an acquired taste, but if you like their music and can put up with their lyrical philosophy, the journey can be rewarding. So I went to the stereo, got the song (I believe it was in cassette form), and played it. And played it again. And played it a few more times. It was at that point that I discovered that I wasn't alone in The Burbs; two of my housemates, including (not yet) Dr. Peter Charvat, were also in the house. I believe that Pete liked Devo, but not to that extreme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog