The Agony of Victory


I confess something.

As a Redskins fan, I confess that I was very happy when Terrell Owens signed with the Dallas Cowboys.

And I confess the reason for my happiness.

I figured that Owens would be a huge distraction to the Cowboys, thus reducing their winning chances.

But when I thought of "distractions," I thought of Owens mouthing off at the quarterback or the coach or something like that, or possibly refusing to play for some reason.

But I didn't dream that a distraction like this would occur:


Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"



Cubbiejulie is concerned:


As I've stated before, I'm no fan of Terrell Owens and his ginormous ego, but this is just sad....

Come on, Terrell. It's not as bad as all that. Get well soon.



Scores Report is also concerned:


For as much public debate as Owens receives because of his antics and actions, obviously this goes beyond the football field. Owens needs help and I’m not saying that to be condescending in any way.

Sadly what comes to mind is how media hungry and desperate for attention this guy always is. If by some sick way this was all for attention – than he needs help more than any of us could ever imagine.

Either way he doesn’t need to be anywhere near a football field, because the game is secondary to his health right now. This man is in serious need of some help and hopefully the NFL and Dallas Cowboys take the necessary arrangements to get him that support.

This guy is in serious pain right [now], but none of us can really say what he is going through in particular. I don’t know what he grew up with, how is life is now and what he believes is in his future.

I just wish him the best and hopefully he can get himself healthy again.



From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog