My attempt at ridiculing polarity has resulted in cuteness


For the past year or so, I've decried our binary splittism in the political realm (nothing new...check the 1800 election) by indiscriminately referring to "Communists" and "baby seal clubbers."

Jamie Jeffords wrote:


Michael and Sarah are uptight about being referred to as old. Meanwhile, I am being called a baby seal clubber.


He was referring to this comment from yours truly. I am quoting liberally (heh):


Let me preface this with a note to new readers of this blog. Ever since the bitterly divisive election of 2004, with its talk of red states and blue states and the like, I have observed that there are still a number of people who only think in terms of "my party, right or wrong" and are incapable of thinking outside the lines. These people fall, naturally, into two groups, one of whom I have referred to as "baby seal clubbers" (after a Dave Barry joke about Spiro Agnew). The other group is referred to in this blog as "Communists."...

The offenses against humanity [i.e. the Miers nomination] have resulted in criticism from the baby seal clubber front....

And, turning to a one eye defense of civilization that notes a former party affiliation....



I then quote from an earlier Jeffords post:


Harriet Miers? No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Can you tell I am disappointed? Once again, Bush mistakes loyalty for competence. Miers is right on the reasonable cutoff age for a SCOTUS nominee (60), has never been a judge, isn’t an originalist, and worst, made campaign contributions to Democrats for years....


So I lumped Jeffords in the baby seal clubbers camp, but his life wasn't ruined by this. He went on to say "Now I beseech you, would I smack this," and then posted a picture of cute baby seal.

And I couldn't even see Spiro Agnew in the background.

But I did find a Live Journal authored by Seal Clubber Extraordinaire. But I don't know if this person clubs BABY seals. Or unborn baby seals, post-conception.

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog