On the radio


I heard a report on KIIS-FM, which I have not been able to confirm, about a star refusing to walk the thirty feet from the star's dressing room to the stage, insisting on a golf cart for transport, and insisting that the golf cart be stocked with gum, snacks, and stuff. I'm not naming the star because, as I said, I can't confirm the story. However, it's amazing that there are people who will cater to such things.

And, while listening to KNX 1070, I discovered something that should have been obvious - how the city of Norco got its name. I don't think I've written about Norco before, but this city, which is north of Corona, California, has managed (so far) to preserve a semi-rural lifestyle in the midst of the fast-growing Inland Empire. Recently the town gained infamy due to some extra activities on a local golf course (I could refer to the move in which a golfer only needs one swing to complete play, but I won't):


Monday, June 17, 2002
The action was "in tents"
Police in California who raided a private golf tournament say they found prostitutes' tents dotted around the course. They detained over 100 golfers and arrested six others during the raid on the Hidden Valley Golf Club in Norco.

The Times says an LA restaurant booked the course under the name Golf Ventures, thought to be an alias for its real name. As the 100 competitors and 19 women were taken off for questioning, six people were led from the course in handcuffs. The club says it is as shocked as police.

Lisa McConnell of the sheriff's department in Riverside County, east of LA, said: "As part of a golf tournament, sex acts were offered to participants for a fee. There were tents set up around the course where people could pay for sex."

Club manager Eric Roush said: "The restaurant had a few tournaments here - three or four I would say. We knew nothing about any of this activity."



And Nobel Peace Prize nominee Bill Handel spent some time on KFI AM 640 praising the outstanding interior enforcement work recently performed by Homeland Security. 11,998,800 to go.

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog