.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>




Ontario Empoblog

Ontario Emperor Blog
("yup, its random!")
This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog


Home
Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007  


The Breast Cancer Site
Fund free mammograms at no cost to yourself by clicking on the link, then on the pink button.


Hall of Shame (NoteUnworthy Blog Posts)
Other Blogs (sorted regionally)
Ontario Emperor Selected del.icio.us Tags

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares

;

pkblogs.com


Who Links Here

Click for Ontario, California Forecast

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Don't know which title to use 


Do I use the "I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world" title, or Devo's classic "I'm a Barbie doll but I've got brains"? Or do I quote Paul Hogan's classic line about "Shrimp on the Barbie"?

If I change a few letters, I can talk about Shrink on the Barbie. Yes, I got this from Shrinkette. The source is the Times of London:


FOR the first time since she was born on a production line 47 years ago, Barbie has been brought to life to star in a stage show...at the Wang Theatre in Boston, where her show Fairytopia is now on....

The more probing questions are rebuffed by a public relations agent.

“You must remember I am Barbie. I mean so much to so many little girls all over the world so I have to behave properly all the time,” she said.



And how do the little girls react?


“Just listening to them all chanting ‘Barbie, Barbie, Barbie’ as I walk on means the world to me. It is a very special job and a great responsibility,” Ms Coors said.

As she spoke, an eight-year-old called Victoria pushed past a group of fans waiting for autographs and screamed: “I want your dress, and I want your tiara and I want your shoes.”



At least they didn't say "I want your waist." As of now I haven't seen a picture of the actress who plays Barbie (but see below), so I don't know if she has an unrealistic body or not. But the actress (Erin Coors) has some opinions about Barbie:


“You know Barbie’s popular for a reason. People have their opinions about the way she looks but I truly believe she is a great role model for little girls. And as for the show, I will do whatever it takes to get kids inside a theatre.”


After I finished reading the article, I did find a two-year old picture of Coors at this site. Although it's a headshot, I can say that she does not look emaciated, which is a good thing. (Remember the Campaign for Real Beauty?)

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments:
I feel better about the live action Barbie, even with all the materialism, after reading Celebrity Smack's post entitled "Give Your Daughter a Slut Doll!" (regarding some scantily clad dolls that Hasbro is marketing to 6-9 year olds).
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link