Don't know which title to use


Do I use the "I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world" title, or Devo's classic "I'm a Barbie doll but I've got brains"? Or do I quote Paul Hogan's classic line about "Shrimp on the Barbie"?

If I change a few letters, I can talk about Shrink on the Barbie. Yes, I got this from Shrinkette. The source is the Times of London:


FOR the first time since she was born on a production line 47 years ago, Barbie has been brought to life to star in a stage show...at the Wang Theatre in Boston, where her show Fairytopia is now on....

The more probing questions are rebuffed by a public relations agent.

“You must remember I am Barbie. I mean so much to so many little girls all over the world so I have to behave properly all the time,” she said.



And how do the little girls react?


“Just listening to them all chanting ‘Barbie, Barbie, Barbie’ as I walk on means the world to me. It is a very special job and a great responsibility,” Ms Coors said.

As she spoke, an eight-year-old called Victoria pushed past a group of fans waiting for autographs and screamed: “I want your dress, and I want your tiara and I want your shoes.”



At least they didn't say "I want your waist." As of now I haven't seen a picture of the actress who plays Barbie (but see below), so I don't know if she has an unrealistic body or not. But the actress (Erin Coors) has some opinions about Barbie:


“You know Barbie’s popular for a reason. People have their opinions about the way she looks but I truly believe she is a great role model for little girls. And as for the show, I will do whatever it takes to get kids inside a theatre.”


After I finished reading the article, I did find a two-year old picture of Coors at this site. Although it's a headshot, I can say that she does not look emaciated, which is a good thing. (Remember the Campaign for Real Beauty?)

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog