Vacation - Alanreed, TX, August 2, 2005



Donley County Eastbound Safety Rest Area, Alanreed, TX 79002


Finally resuming my series of posts on my three week trip by posting a followup to my August 7 post about the multi-million dollar rest room.

View my Perplexmi Mind Gallery photo album, which includes four pictures taken at the Donley County Eastbound Safety Rest Area, including
  • My own picture of the art in the rest area bathroom (my August 7 post included someone else's picture).

  • An old Bell System logo.

  • The aforementioned KFI/KECA logo.

  • A picture of the outside of the building.


Frankly, I was very surprised to find something this elaborate, because most of the state-maintained stops on Interstate 40 (which crosses the Texas Panhandle) aren't even rest areas - most are parking areas with no bathrooms.

Regarding the name of the nearby town - according to legendsofamerica.com, Alanreed, Texas was named after the contracting firm Alan and Reed.

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog