Multi Million Dollar Rest Room!


Since I can't download my pictures and post them quite yet, I'm going to steal someone else's shot for the moment.



Looks impressive, doesn't it? Well, this picture was taken from inside a rest room. (I know, because I was in one of these rest rooms and took the same picture, and one of the females in our party took the same picture, but in the women's rest room instead of the gent's.)

The rest room itself is part of a rest area on eastbound Interstate 40 near the town of Alanreed, Texas. But let's let the Road Wanderer (who published the picture above) take over the story:


Everything is just a little bit bigger and better in Texas! And that includes the rest rooms. The newest addition to the Texas DOT Safety Rest Areas is this fantastic Route 66 theme stop on east bound Interstate-40 at mile marker 129. To say I was impressed is putting it mildly. This is NOT a rest room but rather a Route 66 ATTRACTION that just so happens to have some public facilities.

What is really great about this stop is that it has interpretive computer programs, exhibits, and Route 66 history for the traveling public to enjoy. What better way to get the word out! Plan to stop and spend some time here, you won't be sorry you did. This newest rest area is located a short distance west of Alanreed, Texas on I-40.



Incidentally, when I do get around to posting my pictures, I'll try to post at least one of the many pictures that I took of the old signs in the rest area, such as the sign for KFI when it was part of the NBC radio network. (For history that even predates the NBC years, see KFI's own website.)

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
Updated blog entry here. Perplexmi Mind Gallery album here.

Popular posts from this blog