My Idea for a Midday Radio Show


OK, I want to produce a show, not in morning drive, not in afternoon drive, but in between. Something so compelling that people will take extended lunch hours just to hear it.

My host candidates? Two people who recently lost radio jobs.

Doesn't Doug and Danny have a ring to it? Anybody?


Anybody who truly believes that I [Joe McDonnell] should have quit my job when they fired Doug is completely senseless. I had nothing to do with management's decision yet--according to you--I should give up everything I've worked my entire life for because Doug--who has another job, his main job as a columnist--was let go....I'll make you a deal: if you promise to pay me the same salary I'm making right now for the next five years, I'll be happy to quit. If not, keep your mouths shut. Like you would quit your job if a friend was fired. Please....

And who knows, maybe they won't find anybody good, and they'll ask Doug to come back. Or maybe they'll get rid of me. Who knows?...
Danny Bonaduce says he turned down two job offers within hours of leaving Star 98 and promises his forthcoming reality TV series will pull no punches in revealing recent events.

The "Partridge Family" survivor, who was dropped Friday after six years as co-host of Star's morning program, said he long felt like a "fifth wheel" on the gab fest, now helmed by former radio partner Jamie White.

"It's not the kind of comedy I felt comfortable doing," Bonaduce said. "It's too mean-spirited. I don't like insulting people and calling everyone losers. But the only way I could protect myself was to participate. To be honest, that kind of show really doesn't need me. I don't want to do that brand of comedy anymore."...

The wisecracking comic added that within hours of leaving Star 98 last Friday, he had two radio offers, but turned them down, although he's not ruling out a return to the morning fray. "There's only one shift on radio, and that's mornings," he said.



OK, let's look at the qualifications of these two:

1. They're available.

For some radio program directors, that's sufficient.

Bonaduce would probably take the lead role, with Krikorian playing support. But how would they draw an audience without playing mean? Perhaps instead of talk, they could pursue a music format.

Q: What do Danny Bonaduce and Doug Krikorian have in common?
A: Neither appeared on the track "I Think I Love You."


Well, perhaps I should hire them for KOER. Yeah, that's the ticket.

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog