So, who HAVE I met?


Now I've gotten to thinking of all of the famous people that I have met personally. Here are a few names that come immediately to mind. I'll grant that not every one of these people is of Gerald Ford stature, but they're still famous. And, as I've already noted, I met most of these people before they became famous (for example, I met DelBene in college, before she became DelBene), or after their fame had passed (for example, by the time I met President Ford, he was no longer president).

Suzan DelBene, technology executive
D. C. Fontana, television writer
Gerald R. Ford, Jr., former President of the United States
Lucy Garcia, television host and model
Jeff Henley, Chairman of the Board, Oracle
Chris Hesse, drummer, Hoobastank
Kiira Korpi, ice skater
Van McCoy, musician
Slim Whitman, musician

In addition, I've met famous family members, such as the son of George Shultz and the daughter of Richard Allen (although I didn't know it at the time).

So how did I meet these people? In most cases, it was the result of being at the right place at the right time. Van McCoy didn't visit a lot of junior high schools, but he chose to visit mine for personal reasons. I was invited to a holiday dinner once, and someone's sister Dorothy showed up. Funny how these things happen.

From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog