Debbie Acker's endorsement for Ontario City Council


No, Acker is not endorsing Sam Crowe for Council (I speak, of course, of Sam Crowe Ontario). She endorses another candidate:


Name: Tony Ballardo

Occupation: Retired law enforcement officer, adjunct college professor

Family: Two adult children

Age: 62

Education: Associate degree from Cerritos Community College; bachelor's degree from Cal State Fullerton

Political experience: None

Membership in local organizations: American Legion

Key endorsements: Former Ontario Councilwoman Debbie Acker

Statement: I feel the present council looks after special interest groups and not the constituents of Ontario.



Acker has endorsed Ballardo in the past - specifically, 2004. Here's what David Kocot has to say about Ballardo and other candidates from that election year:


State Assembly, 61st District

Ah, my old district. I'd rather cut my own throat than vote for the crookedest politician in the country, Alan Wapner. I'll also never forgive him for hitting on my 'ex'. Gloria Negrete McLeod beat me for this seat in 2000; she seemed nice, but I can't for the life of me find a reason to vote for her.

Board of Supervisors, District #4

Sadly, Gary Ovitt is the second crookedest politician in the country. Why do all the crooks come from my city? Oh well. I don't know anything more than the basics about Eunice and Maurice, but either of them would be better than Ovitt.

Ontario City Council

I stopped reading newspapers and attending city council meetings a while back, so I'm not informed enough to make an informed decision, but I do know that Paul Leon is the third crookedest politician in the nation, and this Jason Anderson character seems to be backed by the "good 'ole boys" network in the county. Anyone who has Debbie Acker's endorsement, however, can't be too bad, so I might vote for this Tony Ballardo guy and Debra Dorst-Porada (who I used to talk to every now and then at city council meetings and seemed OK)



From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog