Spanning the Generations
I guess I should listen to pop music radio stations like KIIS-FM more. It's safe now; Rick Dees is gone.

My daughter was talking about some of the bands that she and her friends like, and she mentioned Green Day. I couldn't figure out how she could have heard of Green Day. Were there stations that were playing songs such as "Welcome to Paradise" or "Time of Your Life" (which I parodied years and years ago)?

That's when I discovered that Green Day released the 2004 album American Idiot which is apparently receiving significant airplay. While hangin' with my daughter, I heard two of the newer songs: the title track, which is reminiscient of some of their older stuff, and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," which sounds like "Green Day meets Oasis."

It turns out that American Idiot hit #1 on the Billboard 200 - the first Green Day album to do so.

And I was clueless about the whole thing.

I guess I'm just an oldies guy - Richard Blade without an accent...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog