Gates of Hell, Part Three - It's Offense, Not Defense


From the NIV (Mt 16:17-19) as found at bible.gospelcom.net:


17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it.[c] 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven."

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 16:18 Peter means rock.
b. Matthew 16:18 Or hell
c. Matthew 16:18 Or not prove stronger than it
d. Matthew 16:19 Or have been
e. Matthew 16:19 Or have been



Gates of Hell Parts One, Two, Three, Four

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog