No, I'm Not Talking About Gilbert O'Sullivan
For some unknown reason (ha), a particular song by Leo Sayer has come to mind. No, not the one that starts with the words "You got a cute way of talking...." No, I'm talking about "Long Tall Glasses". Let's pick up in the middle of the first verse:

yeah there was ham an' there was turkey, there was caviar
an' long tall glasses, with wine up to yar
an' then somebody grabbed me, threw me outta my chair
said before you can eat, you gotta dance like Fred Astaire


So Leo launches into the first chorus:

you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance
you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance
I can't dance


Yes, this has come to mind. I am making my triumphant return to the stage after a 33 year absence. For those of you counting on your fingers, toes, your spouse's fingers, etc., that's since 1971. (Yes, I know that I've publicly claimed that I was on the stage of Radio City Music Hall a few years ago, but now I am forced to confess that it was part of a facility tour - I wasn't performing in any way. Now you know.)

Anyway, in my triumphant return to the stage, I am singing (no solos - I'm out of shape there), a few lines ("It was a MULE!"), and some dancing. Well, sort of on the dancing. Tonight was the second time we went through the dance moves, and I think it's fair to say that my moves were...um...not quite perfect yet.

But I have a month...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog