I Coulda Been a Contender
I already talked about Amway back on December 2. When the stellar exponential opportunities of Amway were presented to me at the time, I ended up thinking about the David Naughton song "Makin' It":

...Number two to no one
I've got looks, I've got brains
And I'm breakin' these chains...
Success is mine
'Cause I've got the key
I'm makin' it...


Later, I thought that the Peter Gabriel song "Big Time" expressed a similar sentiment. The lyrical parallels are obvious:

I'm on my way, I'm making it...
the place where I come from is a small town
they think so small
they use small words
-but not me
I'm smarter than that...
I'll be a big noise with all the big boys
there's so much stuff I will own
and I will pray to a big god
as I kneel in the big church...


And if I had just signed up to sell that shoe polish, I would be so much better than you today. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog