Network Car is Real
KFI has been playing a commercial, purportedly from a company called "NetworkCar," for a product that claims to send you information about your vehicle's location and running status. The majority of the commercial is composed of humorous disclaimers ("bazillion" is not a real number, don't use this to track your spouse, etc.).

This commercial has aired multiple times on KFI, so I was wondering why someone would run such a commercial, or what the website was really about. Since KFI airs the Phil Hendrie Show, I figured the fake ad might have someone to do with him.

Well, I went to networkcar.com, and it turns out the business is legit. Network is a technology partner of Cingular Wireless, received a technology award from R&D Magazine, and is part of the publicly traded company Reynolds & Reynolds (NYSE:REY).

The technology sounds invasive, but interesting. Personally, I'd prefer some way to interface to my car's computer WITHOUT sharing the information all over the net; if anyone knows of any such interface, please e-mail me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog