I struck out in an attempt to find biographies of the individual Ladytron members, but I was able to glean a few tidbits here and there to assemble this information about Helen Marnie , or Helena Marnie , or whatever name she's using at any given moment. Sources: Salon , The Independent , Guardian Unlimited Helen Marnie grew up in smalltown Scotland, then moved via Glasgow to Liverpool University , where she met Danny and Reuben. Nowadays she lives in London's Hoxton. Two guys. Two girls. All in their late twenties. All four members play keyboards -- Marnie is a classically trained pianist -- but it's Hunt and Wu's clever beats and fastidious melodies that lend the group their signature sound. Ladytron are a talented troop of urbanites spanning Liverpool (Daniel Hunt and Reuben Wu), Glasgow (Helen Marnie) and Sofia, Bulgaria (Mira Aroyo). Piles of records are stacked up against the minibar, and Helen has brought along a few of her favourites to play over the course of t...
Comments
i know you know i'm nuts.
When Big Brother first came on in the U.S., I was interested in the entire concept - the whole idea of lack of privacy and lack of information, and how willing participants would respond to such a situation.
In the U.S. Big Brother 1, the lab rats did not perform as expected. The houseguests had the power to vote their own out, and they consistently chose to vote out the more confrontational people (starting with Will Mega). This made for a happy house, but very unriveting television. Things got somewhat bizarre when George almost incited the entire house to leave, in some type of "nobody wins...everybody wins" convoluted thinking.
Enter Arnold Shapiro of "Scared Straight" fame, and Big Brother 2 became a lot more competitive. And a lot more TV-friendly (read: cast aspiring actors and actresses). Unfortunately, it became something that my (then) young daughter couldn't watch, and actually didn't want to watch.
I continued to watch it over the years, but looked at it less and less. By Big Brother 5, I think I only watched one show (wow! the twins are changing clothes!), and I didn't watch any part of Big Brother 6.
I may check out Big Brother 7, depending upon whom they cast.