Resurrection for a Friend

I visited my Yahoo! LAUNCHcast station for the first time in almost a year. While it seems buggy (it keeps on skipping songs), it's a nice listen. I purposely programmed it to emphasize modern dance music, with excursions into old country, rock, ambient, and other topics.

For example, here's some of the songs that my radio station has played over the last half hour:

Dave Gahan, "Bitter Apple."
Kylie Minogue, "Come Into My World."
Rolling Stones, "2120 South Michigan Avenue."
Moby, "Porcelain."
Elvis Costello, "Beyond Belief."
Madonna, "Justify My Love."
Prince, "Illusion, Coma, Pimp & Circumstance."
George Acosta, "The Sound of Goodbye."

I'm familiar with some of the songs ("Bitter Apple"), familiar with an artist but not a song ("2120 South Michigan Avenue"), and in some cases not that familiar with the artist ("The Sound of Goodbye"). All from the magic of Yahoo! radio programming.

If you're not familiar with LAUNCHcast, here's Yahoo's explanation:

LAUNCHcast is a streaming music service allowing you to create your own customized station tailored to your tastes. Rate artists and albums highly to hear them often and ban the ones you hate! You can also listen to our extensive collection of pre-made stations created by our editorial staff.

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
The skipping problem seems to have subsided. Things play fine now. Must have been something I ate.

Popular posts from this blog