Challenge To Self
I was listening to "Flare" again (from the MIDI collection "Rockford Vote Stuff"). Very minimalistic, but good background music (IMHO).

However, it suffers from the same problem that I face with ALL of my MIDI compositions; they're affected by the software used to play the MIDI file. Things I did on the Mac with QuickTime several years ago sound very different when played on Windows Media Player.

Obviously this doesn't affect my MP3s, such as "Non Sequitur 15" on my Oppose Traffic Calming Obstructions (OTCO) music page.

My challenge - to come up with an interesting semi-ambient MIDI using the piano sound only. That's fairly consistent among MIDI players.

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
It's 2007, I'm older but not wiser, I'm now listening to "Flare" on a cellular telephone, and I'm still thinking about easily-transferable MIDI files.

Time flies.

Popular posts from this blog