The "Ali" Score Has Me Going Again
I rarely go to theaters (or theatres, if Eddykins et al are reading this), but I made an exception to see the Michael Mann/Will Smith film Ali. While viewing the film, I was captivated by the song that was played while Ali jogged through Zaire, and when he beat George Foreman. After some investigation, I found out that the song was "Tomorrow (Sadio)" by Salif Keita, and I ended up buying his Papa album so that I could play the song (and others) over and over.

Well, tonight I was playing my DVD of the Ali movie, and I'm trying to track down another song. This is the song (in A minor) that is played while Ali is riding the subway, ignoring those around him. The song is some sort of hybrid electronic soul (imagine Dave Gahan, Martin Gore, and Alan Wilder being born black in Detroit in 1948). I've checked the sound samples from both the Ali soundtrack and the Ali score, but haven't had any luck. I'll keep on searching.

By the way, during my search I found several reviews of the Ali film, including ones by Shimes, Anna Dzenis, and Matt Easterbrook. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog