Someone's review of Let It Be...Naked
The blog is either called Mondo Miscellanea or Musical Fruits - my brain has already gone to sleep, so I'm not sure which.

The reviewer is NOT a fan of Spector ("I hate the friggin' Wall of Sound"). I wouldn't go that far (let's just say the Righteous Brothers' version of "Unchained Melody" is...um...SIGNIFICANT in Ontario Emperor music), but when an artist (in this case McCartney) absolutely detests what a producer (in this case Spector) does to a song (in this case "The Long and Winding Road"), then said producer deserves criticism.

For more reasons to criticize Phil, see this review of Ronnie Spector's autobiography Be My Baby. What a control freak.

Oh yeah, and there's that little murder thing.

But I still like "Unchained Melody." And, in a related vein, I still like "Thriller."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog